COMING SOON! 2016 SHERWIN-WILLIAMS® STIR® STUDENT DESIGN CHALLENGE
Mark your calendars — the Sherwin-Williams STIR Student Design Challenge will be back for 2016. The challenge celebrates excellence in residential and commercial design by students in the U.S. and Canada.
What it’s about: The contest has two categories: residential design and commercial design. The top winner from each category will receive a $2,500 cash prize. Second-place winners will win a $1,000 cash prize, and third-place winners will win a $500 cash prize.
The two first-place winners will also have their work featured in the 2016 edition of STIR magazine. All winners will be featured on our Sherwin-Williams Facebook page and in a future issue of Sherwin-Williams® STIR® eExtra email newsletter.
Challenge details: The challenge will be open for submissions March 1—April 15, 2016. Students may enter as individuals or as a design team of up to three people. With a team entry, one student must be designated as the team contact. There is no entry fee.
The contest is open to projects of all kinds in residential or commercial design, though each entry must use a minimum of three Sherwin-Williams colors (of the entrant’s choice). Only projects using Sherwin-Williams colors will qualify. (See contest rules for complete details.)
Congrats to the 2015 winning students:
Category: Residential Design
- First Place: Marija Kalas, Academy of Art University
- Second Place: Kory Myers & Davis McDaniel, University of Oklahoma
- Third Place: Aja Baldwin, The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
- First Place: Dale Carithers, Gwinnett Technical College
- Second Place: Victoria Johnson, University of Wisconsin—Madison
- Third Place: Emily Vester & Alexandra Curtis, Arizona State University
©2015 by The Sherwin-Williams Company VISIT STIR I FIND A STORE I SUBSCRIBE I VISIT SHERWIN-WILLIAMS.COM